Before My Spray Tan
Tips on getting and keeping your Superior Spray Tan.
- Exfoliate. Use one with sea salt and a loofah. If trying a new scrub for the first time please do it a few days before your tan. Many people with sensitive skin find harsh scrubs irritating.
- Loose Fitting Clothes. Comfortable can still be cute. You don’t want a waistband imprint in your tan. Wear something that you feel comfortable leaving in. Flip flops are highly recommended.
- Waxing and mani/pedi’s. Waxing and scrubbing your skin removes the top layer, i.e. your tan. Get this done prior to your tan to ensure an optimal tan result. Don’t soak off your tan in a pedicure pool.
- Moisturizers. Avoid moisturizers after your shower. The hydrating properties act as a barrier and prevent your
tan from reaching it’s intended color. Additionally, your tan will fade more quickly.
- Shaving. Do not shave the same day as your tan! The pores of your skin absorb the solution and can cause a “freckling” effect that lasts the entire length of your tan. Shave the day before your tan or anytime after your first shower with a fresh razor.
- Makeup, Deodorant and Perfume. Anything covering your skin can result in an uneven absorption of the tanning solution. Make sure to clean this off your skin prior to your tanning session.
After My Spray Tan
- Get Dressed. Once you are dry you may get dressed in your loose fitting clothes (approximately 3 minutes). Stickiness is common but should go away in 45 minutes or less.
- Moisturize. Sunless tanning solutions can dry skin out, so even if you are not used to a daily moisturizer now is the time to embrace it. If you really want to be a superstar, moisturize twice daily.
- Drink Water. Water can help hydrate your skin from the inside out. It’s the easiest and cheapest way to get beautiful skin. Your mind, body and soul will thank you.
- Don’t Get Wet! You can’t shower for at least 8-10 hours. This also includes washing your hands and face, including sweating. The tanning solution needs time to develop on your skin. For the best results don’t shower for 12-24 hours.
- Showering. Please wait at least 8-10 hours before getting wet. The instant bronzer will wash off in your first shower. Do not be alarmed if you see it circling your drain. Use a mild or moisturizing body wash. The harsher the soap the more quickly your tan will fade.
- Sport Bras. Super tight clothes can rub off your tan and leave permanent imprints. Keep it simple with lose fitting